Welcome to Acacia Lodge
Ottawa District 1 | Lodge 561 under the Grand Lodge of Canada in the Province of Ontario
Ionic Lodge, No. 526, Westboro, was instituted in December, 1914, and had a steady growth from that date until the year 1919. At that time the number of applications for initiation became so great that it was felt that the time was ripe for another Lodge at Westboro.
After discussing the matter with the members of Ionic Lodge, the D.D.G.M., R.W. Bro. F. A. Heney, requested R.W. Bro. D. A. MacEachern, P.M., Acacia Lodge No. 71, G.R.Q., and D.D.G.M. of Ottawa District No. 6, G.R.Q., to undertake the formation of a new Lodge.
R.W. Bro. MacEachern consented, and a petition praying for a dispensation for a Lodge to be known as Acacia and created and signed by the Charter members.
This dispensation was presented to The Grand Master, M. W. Bro. F. W. Harcourt. The petition was granted and a dispensation issued naming R. W. Bro. D. A. MacEachern, Master, Bro. J. Howard Halpenny, Senior Warden, and Bro. M. N. Cummings. Junior Warden. Acacia Lodge was constituted and consecrated on October 2, 1920.